About the author
Emerson Shaw (1977-present) was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. She was the third born of three girls and had a very happy childhood. She graduated from the University of Cincinnati in 1999 with a Bachelors of Business Administration. After graduating, she built a career in the wine industry. She married her husband in 2004 and had their first son two years later. She sold and studied wine for nearly ten years, but the birth of her second child in 2008 led her to put a hold on her professional life. She quit her job to stay home to raise her children. Her sister had always encouraged her to write, but she thought the publishing industry was nearly impossible to break into. Then, the self-publishing industry began to explode. Emerson's children had gotten older and less dependent just as her sister started going through a difficult situation. The idea to write a fictional story inspired by her sister's experiences was born. Acts of Desperation is her debut novel.
☆●☆☆●☆Hotseat☆●☆☆●☆ Five questions
- When do I like to write, day or night?
I try to write every day from 9am-3:00pm until my kids come home from school then I become a mom/tutor to my two boys, Evan 8 and Will 6. But those gloriously quiet hours are clutch to get things done. I often take the weekends off to read and clear my head as well as have some quality time with my family.
- If stranded on an island what would I bring? Initially everything I thought of would require electricity and, well, that would be cheating so, I’d say my celebrity crush (right now Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, and Vince Vaugh). Rolling around in the sand with any of them would be a wonderful way to spend some time. Soap, because no one wants to be smelly and probably a source of fire. Gotta cook all that lobster and fish!
- Love or Lust at first sight, do I believe? I believe in lust at first sight, not love. I think I’ve experienced it enough to know that love takes time but lust is a powerful thing as well. Lust can lead to love.
- The song I could listen to over and over? Everlong by the Foo Fighters. It still gives me the chills and I’m pretty sure I’ve listened to it a million times.
- What am I currently working on? I’m working on editing my first book in my Hot Pursuit Series. It’s titled Straight Flushed and I’m very excited about it. One thing missing in a lot of books I’ve read over the years is strong female characters. A lot of writers have portrayed women as bumbling or ditzy, and hey, it has entertained me, I won’t lie and say that it hasn’t, but I think the time has come where we need to see women as strong leaders and role models. We birth babies. We hold families together. We work. We wipe noses. We do it all. People need to take notice that we are more than pretty faces that can cook and clean. Therefore, I’d like to read (and write) about more women with backbones and who don’t rely on a man to define them, who are smart, strong, and resilient. But, we all need love.
Acts of Desperation
Get it here http://amzn.to/ZaWqqG